Friday, June 12, 2015

Just BE with Jesus: the Light

The precepts of the Lord are right rejoicing the heart;
The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.
(Psalm 19:8)




Read John 9:1-7

I love this story! The disciples wanted to place the blame for this man’s condition on him or his parents. Jesus wanted to set him free. When I ask Jesus to be my Light, I am asking him to show me what really matters and to open my eyes to new possibilities.

…I am the light of the world. (John 9:5)
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ, (2 Corinthians 4:6)
Jesus said, “You’re asking the wrong question. You’re looking for someone to blame. There is no such cause-effect here. Look instead for what God can do.” (John 9:3)
And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent…(Philippians 1:9-10)

O Light of the World,
I trust you
to illuminate my path
today.

_______
This blogpost is based on my book, You Are Here. I am revisiting the themes of several of my books as I seek to “just be with Jesus." I am putting aside lengthy readings for a season, and instead looking for one word or phrase to carry through the day. Today’s word, for me, is “light."

photo credit: Templin Highway Sunrise via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment