Thursday, June 11, 2015

Just Be with Jesus: Bread

Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love,
That we may rejoice and be glad all our days. (Psalm 90:14)



I used to think that Jesus being the Bread of Life meant that he would provide for my physical needs. That is what he did in John 6. But he also said that he could do more than that—so much more.

Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.
(John 6:35-37)
 Every person the Father gives me eventually comes running to me. And once that person is with me, I hold on and don’t let go. 
(John 6:37 The Message)

I take refuge in you,
Bread of life,
Trusting that you will satisfy
Hunger and thirst
Longing and worry.

______
This blogpost is based on my book, You Are Here. I am revisiting the themes of several of my books as I seek to “just be with Jesus." I am putting aside lengthy readings for a season, and instead looking for one word or phrase to carry through the day. Today’s word, for me, is “satisfy."

photo credit: No Knead Bread via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment