Sunday, June 14, 2015

Just BE with Jesus: The Good Shepherd

This God, our God, forever and ever—He will always lead us. 
(Psalm 48:13-14)



Read John 10:1-18

Yesterday I meditated on the Lord as the Door of the Sheep, providing blessings and leading me out to green pastures in his time. Today as I thought of the Good Shepherd, I noticed the word “follow,” and I thought about how I can be a reluctant sheep at times, really dragging my feet on the path because I don’t know about the still waters nearby. The Good Shepherd is faithful, and worthy of my trust.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.  I and the Father are one. (John 10:27-30)
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake. (Psalm 23:1-3)




______
This blogpost is based on my book, You Are Here. I am revisiting the themes of several of my books as I seek to “just be with Jesus." I am putting aside lengthy readings for a season, and instead looking for one word or phrase to carry through the day. Today’s word, for me, is “follow."

photo credit: Shepherd Meadows, Blackwater Hampshire via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment