Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Travel Light Connections: 7.1

But for you who fear my name,
 the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings. 
You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall. (Malachi 4:2)

I use Biblegateway.com to look up verses in different translations and to find verses on various themes. I am going to try to walk you through a fun resource on this website. The format of the website changes occasionally, so you might need to play around with my directions a little.

Look up a passage (Malachi 4) at Biblegateway.com,
click on "search",
and look at the search results,
then click on "Show Resources."

Now, on the right hand side, there are some resources listed: a study Bible, a commentary, and a list of Bible themes. This is my favorite study help! Every verse has several themes listed, and if you click on them you can read verses on those themes. Scroll down to "Light, Spiritual" and click on it.

Now you have lots of verses, and a short definition of spiritual light. Click on a few references and read some great verses.

The verse in Malachi, above, is one of my favorites on this topic. Here are a few more:

Lord, You light my lamp; my God illuminates my darkness. (Psalm 18:28)
The revelation of Your words brings light and gives understanding to the inexperienced.
(Psalm 119:130)
Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light on my path. (Psalm 119:105)
You guide me with Your counsel, and afterwards You will take me up in glory.
(Psalm 73:24)
Open my eyes so that I may see wonderful things in Your law. (Psalm 119:18)



No comments:

Post a Comment