Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Travel Light Connections: 5.1

I love the hymn on page 47: Jesus, I Am Resting, Resting. It reminds me that there are times when I feel like I am accomplishing nothing for the Lord. In these times, he may be callling me to just rest. Rest in his truth, rest in his attributes, rest in his love.

Did you notice the list of hymns on page 91? These are my favorite arrangements of the hymns in this study. They are all available on Itunes. I put them on a CD so that I can listen to them on the way to Bible study each week. Music is my favorite tool as I prepare to lead a study. Even when I oversleep and the kids can't find matching socks and the breakfast eggs are rubbery -- I can worship and rest in the Lord as I drive to church.

If you have found a different arrangement of one of these hymns that you love, please leave me a comment. We all have such unique musical tastes--I am sure that my list doesn't fit everyone's style!

No comments:

Post a Comment