Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Travel Light Connections: 4.0

Today's worksheet on page 37 is very self-explanatory. I love to read Habakkuk. I am fascinated by the way that he asks God so many questions, but God does not give him exactly the answers he desires. And in the end (spoiler alert!) Habakkuk decides to just praise God no matter what happens. The commentary we are using as a reference in this study defines Habakkuk as "a spiritual struggle between the prophet and his God."

Don't miss the pages on documenting your study (p. 99-101). Every book I read on how to study the Bible said that study requires some kind of note-taking. This is not a biblical commandment. It is a tool that people have developed and put into practice in many different ways.

Praying through the word is probably my favorite way to document my journey through the Bible. On page 101 you can see two pages from my husband's journal. I asked him to journal Habakkuk and Mark 2, in his own way. I wish the pages had scanned a little better, but I think you can get the basic idea. Doodling is documentation.

I would love to hear from you, about your own method of documenting the Bible!

No comments:

Post a Comment