Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Travel Light Connections: 1.1

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Psalm 18:2)

I wonder if Esther knew this verse, or some other similar verse from Psalms. Did she have a portion of God's Word memorized, to cling to as she entered the king's presence? I am sure she knew the stories of the heroes of Israel who trusted in God. 

This is one of the reasons that Bible study is so important. We need these stories of God's faithfulness to comfort and reassure us in our own times of distress. 

(New to this blog? Read about Travel Light here.)

Take a moment to meditate on the fact of God's faithfulness. Remember that He loves you, just as you are. He will welcome, pardon, cleanse and receive you!




No comments:

Post a Comment