Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Light...Worship...Action!

My friend asked me why the subtitle of my new book is "Light...Worship...Action!"

"Why not lights?" she asked, referring to the usual "Lights, Camera, Action!"

Here's why:

For God who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of God’s glory in the face of Jesus Christ. (2 Corinthians 4:6)

Practicing Glory discusses ten worship actions. God's light has shone in our hearts, giving us the knowledge of His glory. We respond by serving Him with our hands and our hearts. The word "Light" in the subtitle reminds me that this all begins with Him. He shone the light that awakened me to His salvation and prompted me to worship Him.

The worship actions (also known as spiritual disciplines) in Practicing Glory are

Worship: respond to God's love
Confession: agree with God's grace
Stillness: quiet your heart
Surrender: accept God's will
Serve: obey God's call
Fellowship: encourage God's people
Sacrifice: give and give up
Discernment: recognize God and His guidance
Celebration: choose joy and thanksgiving
Simplicity: be God's creation


I'm going to begin a Facebook group to discuss this book in the season leading up to Christmas. Please contact me at grapelighthouse @ cox.net if you would like to join the group. I will be leading a group through this book at church, beginning in January. At that time I will also begin a discussion group at Ministry for Women.

Thank you to all of you who prayed with me and discussed the worship actions with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment