Thursday, April 21, 2011

Focus


An unpleasant surprise when we figured out our taxes brought us to a new season of trusting God. I found encouragement in these verses. They all tell me where my focus should be.

Keeping our eyes on Jesus, the source and perfecter of our faith... (Hebrew 12:2)

We are asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding, so that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing [to Him], bearing fruit in every good work and growing in the knowledge of God. (Colossians 1:9-10)


But everything that was a gain to me, I have considered to be a loss because of Christ. More than that, I also consider everything to be a loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord...(Philippians 3:7-8)

The instruction of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul;
the testimony of the Lord is trustworthy,
making the inexperienced wise. (Psalm 19:7)

I have chosen the way of truth;
I have set Your ordinances [before me].(Psalm 119:30)

I pursue the way of Your commands,
for You broaden my understanding.
Teach me, Lord, the meaning of Your statutes,
and I will always keep them.
Help me understand Your instruction,
and I will obey it and follow it with all my heart. (Psalm 119:32-34)


This is my post for Thought Provoking Thursday, hosted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment