Friday, March 14, 2014

Travel Light Connections: 5.3

Today as you read the Keeping in Touch section, you read my thoughts on interacting with God in the way he designed me to. I would like to recommend an excellent book on this subject.

Sacred Pathways: Discover Your Soul's Path to God, by Gary L. Thomas

Don't let the title throw you off. Gary Thomas believes that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. This is a book about connecting with God. I am sure you have noticed that some believers feel very in touch with God when they hike in his creation while others feel in touch when they serve in a soup kitchen or on a church platform. Some Christians love to sing praises to God surrounded by others while some like to gaze out their window and worship in solitude. This book showed me my spiritual personality, and urged me to grow nearer to God. It pointed out strengths as well as short-comings. It showed me how to refresh my soul. It showed me how my friends and family worship and helped me understand why we worship so differently. I highly recommend this book to Bible study groups, families and married couples.

No comments:

Post a Comment