Monday, November 26, 2012

Serving God

I'm blogging through the topics of my Practicing Glory book, and this week's topic is Service.


As I wrote and edited the book, the Service chapter was difficult. It seemed that every time I worked on that chapter, something happened that made serving God challenging, or caused me to question the way I am serving God.

My friend Maura reassured me that I should not fear the questions. She said it is actually good to stop and ask yourself if you're really serving God the way you should be--because usually you'll realize that you are, and you'll renew your commitment to serving Him in that way.


This week as I again meditated on the Service chapter, I had two things on my ministry to do list. I completely forgot to do one of them (and I think everyone who expected me to do this forgot also) and the other item I simply did not do well. Today as I type this, Blogger is not cooperating with me. Serving God, even in such small things, is not always easy!


I was encouraged and challenged by this verse. 


Since this is the kind of life we have chosen, the life of the Spirit, let us make sure that we do not just hold it as an idea in our heads or a sentiment in our hearts, but work out its implications in every detail of our lives. (Galatians 5:25 Message)

The life of the Spirit--a life of serving God--is not just an idea in my head. It needs to happen in every detail of my life. God cares about the little details, and He will enable me to fulfill the ministry He's given me. I can talk to Him about failures and successes large and small.


No comments:

Post a Comment