Monday, March 7, 2011

Promises of Safety and Guidance

Yesterday I prayed for the Lord's guidance. Today as I read my Bible and studied Catherine Martin's A Heart that Hopes in God, I read God's promises of His watchful care, His sustaining power and His direction.

...The Lord watches over the way of the righteous...(Psalm 1:6)

...You, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory and the One who lifts up my head. (Psalm 3:3)

I lie down and sleep: I wake again because the Lord sustains me. (Psalm 3:5)

The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand. (Psalm 37:23-24 NLT)

The Lord will protect your coming and going both now and forever. (Psalm 121:8)

Under the aegis of such a promise [the promise of Psalm 121:8] we may go on pilgrimage without trembling, and venture into battle without dread. None are so safe as those whom God keeps; none so much in danger as the self-secure. -- Charles Haddon Spurgeon in The Treasury of David, quoted in A Heart that Hopes in God

Times of refreshing come from the presence of the Lord...(Acts 3:19)

I ask, gracious Lord, that You keep me watchful and alert, so that at any moment I may discern the movement of Your hand and detect Your will and guidance in the providence of little things. -- F.B.Meyer in Daily Prayers, quoted in A Heart that Hopes in God

Lord, thank You for answering my prayer and reassuring me that You will continually guide and protect and energize me. Keep me aware of You!

This is my post for "Multitudes on Mondays" hosted at the link below.


3 comments:

  1. HIS watchful care and guidance is such an amazing blessing! Beautiful post Ruth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. None are so safe as those whom God keeps!!!! I just love that so much! There is an old, old hymn that my father used to sing in Dutch. Some hymbooks entitle it "Security" and others "Children of the Heavenly Father." One of the verses says, More secure is no one ever than the children of the Father. I'll never forget him singing that to us as little children, instilling that truth at such an early age. Loved your post today. Such great promises of security and love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful hymn! My parents had a Swedish version on a cassette tape.

    ReplyDelete