Friday, September 24, 2010

Rise up, women of the truth

I was exhausted. Dishes filled the sink and a heap of laundry overflowed a living room chair. I ignored it all and went shopping for music online. A song by Robin Mark caught my attention and suddenly my exhaustion disappeared as I worshiped. “Shout to the North” called me to sing to and depend on my glorious King. It reminded me that when there are differences within the Christian faith, Jesus is Savior of all. The second verse described “women of the truth” singing to broken hearts, and I praised God for those women of truth who have taught and encouraged me.
Here are the first two verses and the chorus, with the scriptures they brought to my mind.

Men of faith rise up and sing
Of the great and glorious King
You are strong when you feel weak
In your brokenness complete

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may reside in me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)

Shout to the North and the South
Sing to the East and the West
Jesus is Savior to all
Lord of heaven and earth

For there is one God and one mediator between God and man,
a man, Christ Jesus, who gave Himself—a ransom for all,
a testimony at the proper time. (Timothy 2:4-6)

Rise up women of the truth
Stand and sing to broken hearts
Who can know the healing power
Of our awesome King of love?

He comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any kind of affliction, through the comfort we ourselves receive from God. (2 Corinthians 1:4)

Oh Lord, you have called me to be a woman of Your truth. Give me Your songs to sing to broken hearts. Remind me that my weaknesses allow You to show Your strength through me. You are the mighty Lord of heaven and earth, yet You are my personal Savior and Friend. Speak Your love through me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment