Friday, June 25, 2010

Praise Psalms

I like to end my daily Quiet Times with a Psalm or two. Here is the first Psalm selection from Praise Patterns--my soon-to-be-published devotional book.

The book of Psalms is full of patterns for our praises. The authors of Psalms blended praises with petitions, praising privately and calling others to join with them. Some Psalms sprang from hearts overflowing with thanksgiving, while others demonstrate the determined expression of faith in a praise-worthy God regardless of feelings or circumstances.

My soul, praise the Lord! Lord my God, You are very great;
You are clothed with majesty and splendor. (Psalm 104:1)
I will praise the Lord at all times; His praise will always be on my lips.
(Psalm 34:1)
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped.
Therefore my heart rejoices, and I praise Him with my song. (Psalm 28:6-7)
I will thank the Lord with all my heart; I will declare all Your wonderful works.
(Psalm 9:1)
Sing to Him, sing praise to Him; tell about all His wonderful works!
(Psalm 105:2)
I will speak of Your glorious splendor and Your wonderful works. (Psalm 145:5)


Wonderful Lord, I marvel at the love of the Father, the power of Jesus, and the presence of the Spirit. Forgive me for my self-centered prayers and enable me to proclaim Your wonderful name.

No comments:

Post a Comment