Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Praising through the Bible Exodus 1-15:18

Lord, as I read today I remembered reading that You told Jacob his family would be in Egypt for a long time, but that You would eventually bring them out. All through the story of the plagues I could see that You already knew how it would end. The reading closed with Miriam's triumphant song--a song we sang often as teenagers at Bible Camp: "I will sing unto the Lord for He has triumphed gloriously, the horse and rider thrown into the sea!"

I thought of the two decades since those fun times at Bible Camp, and all the adventures You have brought me through, and even now the contentment and joy You are giving me in the desert.

As a New Year begins, and my prayer list is long, I can trust You. You see. You know.

No comments:

Post a Comment