Saturday, September 19, 2009

"May I never be a shadow..."

My friend Velma writes a weekly e-mail devotional called "East Window." Here is this week's edition:

“Thanks for the Memories……..”

I thank my God upon every remembrance of you. 2 Timothy 1:4

In recent days after attending functions I haven’t attended for awhile, I was reminded of the power we have to leave deposits of our own heart in the hearts we meet on our way. In my own heart, memories of other cherished friends can be like the strains of my favorite music or the taste of a favorite food.

Father, I thank You for this ability You’ve given us to nourish and refresh each other. I’m reminded of an old bit of poetry I cherish---

“I will not wish thee riches nor the glow of greatness, but that wherever
thou go some weary heart shall gladden at thy smile, or shadowed life know sunshine for a while. And so thy path shall be a track of light, like
angels' footsteps passing through the night.” [author unknown]

Father, what more could I wish for myself than this, I am cheered to realize that in my present disability I still have the power You gave me to bring happiness to others. Bless all of those who give me such love from their hearts. May I never be a shadow on anyone’s day—only light from You. And may the glory always be Yours.

--Velma Schlabach Cozzutto 09/19/09

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderrfully noble ambition. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete