Friday, August 28, 2009

Surrounded by Light

Today my prayer was
Christ beside me, on my left and my right. (St. Patrick)

As I read various devotional books and the book of Psalms today, the theme of being surrounded by Christ's light kept showing up:

Satisfy us in the morning with Your faithful love so that we may
shout with joy and be glad all our days. (Psalm 90:14)


The dawn from on high will visit us, to shine on those who live in
darkness and the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.(Luke 1:70)


Light dawns for the righteous, gladness for the upright in heart.
(Psalm 97:11)


Lord, You have searched me and known me...(Psalm 189:1)


See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way.
(Psalm 139:24)


Here I am Lord--
with what's left of my day.
Remind me that I live every moment in Your presence.
Search me
Lead me
Direct my thoughts
Guide my steps
so that my actions honor You
and my heart delights in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment