Thursday, September 17, 2009

Comfort and Joy

I had a blah day yesterday. Today I was cheered up by these verses:

Bring joy to your servant's life, since I set my hope on You, Lord. Psalm 86:4

Happy are the people who know the joyful sound; they walk, O Lord, in the light of Your presence. Psalm 89:15

When I am filled with cares, Your comfort brings me joy. Psalm 94:19


That last verse holds a very special memory. I read it when I was beginning labor with our oldest living child. After losing two babies to early miscarriage, I had given up hope, and I expected nothing more than a funeral as the outcome of that labor. I read that verse and knew that God would give me comfort. He did more than that...He gave me a beautiful healthy daughter. Now the verse reminds me of the dark tunnel of fear and grief that God pulled me out of that day--and the great joy of holding my baby. She's almost eight now.

No comments:

Post a Comment